Dog Beds for Older Dogs
Finding the perfect orthopedic dog bed for your older dog doesn't have to be a frustrating experience. Your old dog will benefit from a dog bed mattress that is therapeutic and heated for optimal comfort. As a dog ages, arthritis can set in causing aching and joint pain. Older dogs need extra comfort every time they lie down and napping on an orthopedic dog can be a pain-reducing solution.
Tips for Selecting the Perfect Orthopedic Bed for an Older Dog
- Orthopedic Support
- Washable Cover
- Optional Therapeutic Heat
- Replaceable Cover
- Availability of Waterproof Lining Covers
- Cover fabric that is durable and not slippery
Dogs can sleep in the strangest places and positions. But did you ever think that the way your dog sleeps could give you a hint as to the type of dog bed he prefers?
- does your dog curl up or stretch out?
- sleep on his back or on his tummy?
- some dogs like to cuddle up in your recliner while others will sleep on your bed with their head on your pillow.
Think of these as clues...find the dog bed that best match your dog's sleeping habits.
It is important for an older dog to have a comfortable rest area. Achy bodies can mean a cranky pet. Sleeping on a cold hard floor can cause chronic pain and additional discomfort.
By observing your pet, you will have a better idea of what product to look for as his daily comfortable resting place.